Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup of frozen corn (preferably fresh, if possible)
- 1 cup of tomato/pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1t fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
Dry sauté the onion with the garlic until transparent. Add
the zucchini and fry, stirring often, until half-cooked.
Add the tomato sauce and frozen corn, if that’s what you’re
using. Continue to cook and stir until either the corn is
defrosted or the zucchini reaches the desired tenderness.
Stir in the nutritional yeast, basil, salt and pepper and
This is good on its own or over bowties, etc.
Preparation time: 15 minutes