5 Star Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 pkg. firm or soft silken tofu(I use firm to make a more decadent texture, similar to
- 1 pkg of vegan chocolate chips (Tropical Source makes really appropriate
- chocolate-peanutbutter chips)
- vegan soy milk (at least a cup will be used)
- powered vegan sugar (1 box)
- peanut butter (preferably a natural blend)
- vegan graham cracker crust (you can make an easy one with margarine and crushed graham
Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and
heat them for a few minutes. It is very crucial that you
watch carefully and stir to avoid burning. You don’t want
the chips to be completely soupy liquid, you are going for
a more molten melted effect.
Put the chocolate in your blender where, as waiting
for the chocolate, is the slightly broken up silken tofu
(which you already pressed to get rid of excess juice).
The next process must be done quick as to avoid
the hardening that the chips like to do. Have your soy
milk container open and near the blender to pour in when
the mixture is too thick to stir, but don’t add too much.
You want a thick pudding when the blending of the chocolate
and tofu, with a little soy milk, is finished. It should
be basically pourable, so go ahead and pour it into your
crust. Place in the fridge for 30 mins.
While the chocolate
pie is setting up, melt about a cup of peanut butter in the
microwave. Stir in some of the powered
vegan sugar until thick, then add some soy milk, then add
some powered vegan sugar and so on. Continue this process until
you have a sweet, thick peanut butter paste that is not too
Carefully spread the peanut
butter mixture on top of the pie. There should be enough that it
becomes the top layer of the pie. Let it set for about 3
hours. It will be like a cheesecake and wonderfully rich.
Preparation time: 30 min.