Karens No-Bake Ginger Chantilly Cream Cake
I hope you like this recipe – it’s SUPER-EASY and fast to make, and it really is delicious .
It’s great for parties or entertaining, or just when you feel like being a bit naughty. It will keep for a day or so in the fridge (if there’s any left….).
300mls Fresh Cream
1-2 drops vanilla essence
1 Teaspoon Caster Sugar / add sugar to taste (Optional – leave it out altogether if, like me, you prefer less sweet)
- Add vanilla essence to cream, and Whip or beat the cream until thick.
- Using a spatula, spread a layer of whipped cream on one side each biscuit, and then “stack” them one-by-one on top of each other, until you have a cake-log of cream-coated biscuits.
- Place the cake log onto a serving platter by laying the cake down on it’s side, and then carefully coat the outside of the log with a layer of whipped cream.
- Dust cake log with a light dusting of cocoa powder (or a crushed “Flake” chocolate).
- Cover very carefully with plastic wrap (TIP: use toothpicks to prevent the plastic film from sticking to the cake/cream).
- Place in refrigerator overnight to allow the biscuits to soften, then remove plastic wrap and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve alone or with a garnish of fresh berries (eg: Strawberries).
RECIPE VARIATIONS: Other types of plain biscuits, such as chocolate-flavored biscuits (“cookies”), may be substituted instead.